Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GAP Moms...

I was sharing with a friend about Meredith and how very heavy she's been on my heart the past few days. She's always there in my thoughts, but there are times when God floods my soul with the need to pray for her. To hold her up before the throne. To "mind the gap" for her.


If you've ever ridden the subway system in London (AKA: the Tube), especially at rush hour, you have heard the phrase, "mind the gap." The gap is the hole between the station platform and the subway car you're boarding. Sometimes, there are even workers with white gloves shoving as many people into the Tube as will fit. It's an interesting experience to say the least. I digress.

I told my friend, who also loves a child she cannot bring home, right now, that we are the GAP Moms for these little ones. Not only are we standing in the hole making sure they make it from birth Mom to adoptive Mom, but we are Giving, Advocating and Praying. That makes us the G.A.P. Moms for our littles. We are "minding the gap" for them.

I want Meredith to no longer need me as her GAP Mom. I want her to have her very own Mama, who will love her to the moon and back. Who will be able to cross an ocean for her and love her MORE than I already do. She will be that Mama's daughter forever. The gap will close and she will be securely in the arms that God always intended. In the meantime, it is one of my greatest privileges in life to "mind the gap" for this precious little girl.
Please, take a few minutes to read about Meredith, either here on our blog or on her Reece's Rainbow Profile. Could you be her forever Mom? You see, I'm only her GAP Mom. She needs YOU to come for her. Please, share Meredith's story and let's find her forever family, together.

Pray, Adopt, Advocate, Support...

Hidden in Christ,
Mandy

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That made me cry! I'm a GAP mom for Angelina! Thank you for that perspective! And I hope and pray Meredith's mama sees this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still wishing that I could be her mama...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your comment and your welcome to re-post it. We're just not allowed to post publicly the country where Meredith is located. I'm so glad you love her :)

      Delete